- Tickets are $16 apiece, and go on sale about a month before the show via Bold Type Tickets.
- Our tickets are exclusively paper, and will be mailed to you prior to the show.
- All shows are 21+, so be prepared to show ID at the door.
- Every show sells out quickly, but if you can’t get tickets and you’re feeling lucky, come down to the theatre at 7pm on the night of the show to get on our waitlist. Unclaimed seats (if any) are released to the list at 7:55pm.
- Should you need it, the closest ATM is two blocks west of the theater at 601 South Jackson Street.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TICKETS GO ON SALE
Will the show sell out?
When exactly are tickets available?
Tickets usually go on sale about a month before the show. Check the upcoming events page.
Do you do assigned seating?
All seating is general admission, with two exceptions:
- We reserve our front row for our Deaf/Hard of Hearing audience members so they can be seated near our American Sign Language interpreters. More information on reserved Deaf/Hard of Hearing seating and ticketing can be found in our Deaf/Hard of Hearing audience info.
- We reserve a few seats for Season Pass holders, first come, first served.
How can I get a reminder when tickets are available?
Sign up for the Notification List of Shame by joining our Google Group.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BUYING TICKETS
Where can I get tickets?
Tickets can be purchased via Bold Type Tickets.
What if my tickets haven’t arrived in the mail?
If you don’t receive your tickets in the mail, bring your email receipt to the show.
I couldn’t get a ticket. OMG what can I do?!?
Show up at the door at 7pm the night of the show, and get your name on our waitlist. You have a decent chance of getting in, though it might be sitting against a wall in the back – but it’s not a big venue, and the view is should be fine.
THINGS TO KNOW THE NIGHT OF THE SHOW
My plans have changed and I can’t make the show. Can you refund my ticket purchase?
No, but since Salon of Shame tickets are in high demand you can most likely give or sell them to a willing party. In addition to the usual venues (friends, Craigslist) there is a Salon of Shame Facebook page you can post to.
I bought a ticket for a friend. Can you make sure she gets it?
We have no will call or concierge services for Theatre Off Jackson shows. If you have purchased a ticket for someone, you are responsible for getting the ticket to the person who will be using it.
What if I have a ticket, but arrive late?
Unclaimed seats for Theatre Off Jackson shows are released to the waitlist at 7:55pm. If you purchased a ticket but you arrive after we’ve released seats and there are none left, you’re welcome to find whatever seats may be remaining. Either way, your ticket will not be refunded.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BEING FRUSTRATED
Are you REALLY sold out again?! Why can’t I ever get a ticket?! Why don’t you do ticketing differently?! Why don’t you move to a bigger venue? Why do people who aren’t me always get tickets? Why won’t you return my angry emails? ARGLE BARGLE FLARGLE
We know it can be frustrating that tickets sell out so quickly, and please know that we do our best to make sure our ticket process is fair and well-publicized via our website and Notification List. But ultimately, this is a popular show and we’re really genuinely sorry that you weren’t able to get tickets. Keep trying, because we’d love to see you!
The Salon of Shame was founded as a community event. We’re not a production company – just working folks with day jobs who do this for fun.
We also encourage you to host your own Salon of Shame at your home with your friends! That’s our origin story: a bunch of us sitting in Ariel’s basement, reading our worst adolescent writing to each other between chugs of cheap wine and guffaws. Yes, we think the Salon of Shame at Theatre Off Jackson is awesome – but we promise you that hosting your own mini-Salon with your friends can be just as much fun, and seats are guaranteed.
Thanks to each and every one of you for all your support for our silly little show. We’re as surprised as anyone that we’ve been doing this for over a decade!